Learn hands-on from Industry professionals and Floral Artists with a new line up of workshops and demonstrations which are available in the Mark’s Choice Gardening Experience area. Demos are offered on a first come, first serve basis, so if you are interested, consider completing the Demo booking form to reserve your place.
Special workshops are offered for an additional fee as they are Make & Take projects, the fee includes your admission, instruction and material costs, space is limited and must be ordered through the ticket page.
In between the workshops and demos, guests are invited to drop by and a ‘plant a bean’ or ‘plant a pea’ to take home and care for until you can plant in your garden or container.
• The Master Gardeners Li’l Sprouts sessions taking place Saturday, March 9-Saturday, March 16 at 11:30am & 2:20pm. They include learning the basics in discovering succulents, bird feeders, bee houses, growing herbs plants and creating a grass head.
• Also for children is Veggie for Kids from the Veggie Guy, Bob Martin of Martin Farms.
(note: these sessions are to introduce children to the joys of gardening, space is limited)
• Other demonstrations include Creating a Pizza Garden with Robert Patterson of The Growing Connection and Houseplant Care with Mark Stewart of the TBG.
• Fairy Garden Make & Take with Heinke Theissen & Judy Zinni: Enjoy creating your very own fairy garden and take it home. Get hands on help from your instructor that will help you through the process. Easy to do, lovely to enjoy and lots of fun to make!
• Fresh Floral Centerpiece Make & Take with Jennifer Harvey: In this workshop get some of the basic floral design styles & techniques and then create a stunning centerpiece that will be perfect at Easter, Passover or any Spring occasion.
• Create a Terrarium Make & Take with Jennifer Harvey: Create a stunning terrarium to decorate your favourite room.
• Botanical Art Make & Take with Homa Bahadouri: The upcoming season will offer plenty of inspiration, so why not let illustrator Homa Bahadouri teach your some fun and educational techniques that will allow you to immortalize those images on canvas.
• Air Plant Make & Take with Tanya Smith: Always wanted to have an air plant but just not sure how to take care of them? Well Tanya can show you some neat tricks in this Make & Take Workshop.
• Create A Bee Hotel Make & Take with Patrick Kelly: Find out about the bees and then create a wooden bee hotel to help save the pollinators in your area.
•Create a Succulent Vertical Planter Make & Take with Trudy Grantham and Dianna Kennedy: Create a stunning living piece of art. It’s art, it’s a garden, the best of both worlds can be found in this Make & Take Workshop.
VISIT OUR WORKSHOPS PAGE FOR DETAILS on Workshops and Demonstrations.